Monday 2 July 2012

old golf shorts















I've had these golf shorts that belonged to my dad, and I have actually worn them as they were. But with this simple diy, I made them much more wearable for myself. Anyway, I don't play golf and therefore probably don't need golf shorts. (I'd like to play golf, though!) With a little unpicking, cutting and sewing, the shorts turned into a skirt. I'd say they look better as a skirt than as shorts! Most of my skirts don't have pockets, but this one's got three, which is a big plus:-) Green isn't really my colour, even though it's somehow creeping into my wardrobe more and more. And in this lil' skirt I don't mind a wee bit of green stripes:-)
SHARE:

7 comments

Paula Taveira said...

well donee :)

daniela kate morosini said...

uh, amazing! i would have made such a hash of this! xx

Why Girls Are Weird said...

SO CUTE. You did a great job, way better as a skirt!

Marisa Noelle said...

Green is such a perfect color on you...and I love this shorts to skirt project you did. How sweet that they belonged to your father and were once golfing shorts. You look beautiful! xx Marisa

Marlen said...

ok im thoroughly impressed haha that turned out amazing! and i love the print of it, was a crafty diy :)

Aida said...

So cute!!


http://placequotehere.blogspot.pt

Laura Jones said...

Paula Taveira - cheers, dear! x

danniekate - thank toy, darling! don't think so, i'm sure you could make something similar if you just set your mind to it! :) xx

Krysten - thank you, lovely! that's what i thought! :) x

Marisa Noelle - thank you so much, petal! i know, 2nd hand clothes are often so precious as they have stories and might've belonged to a loved one! :) xx

Marlena - aw, thank you, sweetie! you're so kind:) x

Aida - thanks, hun! x

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig