Thursday 27 January 2011

day 11. a photo of your favourite film(s).





Pride & prejudice image



Pride & Prejudice is my favourite of favourites. The film's  (almost) as beautiful as the book. And I do think this version with Keira Knightley and Matthew MacFadyen is the best one. Lizzie is probably the character to whom I can relate the most.


elessarr:

 
Gandalf: [humming] “Down from the door where it began. And I must follow if I can.”
[The hobbit closes his book and stands, listening. Recognising the voice, he smiles then runs to the road. An old man, wearing a gray cloak and a pointy hat, is driving a horse-drawn cart filled with fireworks and such.]
Gandalf (singing):
“The road goes ever on and on,Down from the door where it began.Now far ahead the road has gone,And I must follow if I can…”
Frodo: [folding his arms] “You’re late!”
[The old man does not look at the hobbit at first, and then turns slowly, with an annoyed expression on his face that begins to twitch.]
Gandalf: “A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.”
[Both he and Frodo slowly begin to grin and crack up into laughter.]
Frodo: [leaps onto cart and hugs the old man] “It’s wonderful to see you Gandalf!”
Gandalf: [laughs] “Ooh! You didn’t think I’d miss your Uncle Bilbo’s birthday?”

Lord of the Rings was love at first sight. A lot of my friends say they think only the battle scenes are interesting but I love the beginning with the Shire and the travelling toward Mordor and everything. I'm also a bit ashamed to admit that lotr is one of the only books that I like more as a film. It's not like I didn't enjoy the books but I prefer the films. The events happen quicker and there isn't years - or decades - between them.



The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is brilliant. I don't know, I just love it.

Pictures from here, here and here.
SHARE:

No comments

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig